Aadhaar is a unique 12 digit number issued by the government as proof of identity and residence in India. No resident can have a duplicate number since it is linked to their individual.
WHAT AADHAAR IS
- A number(12 Digits)
- For every individual, including infants
- Enables identification, and is for every resident
- Will collect demographic and biometric information to establish uniqueness of individual
- For every resident, irrespective of existing documentation
- Each individual will be given a single unique ID number
- UIDAI will enable a universal identity infrastructure that any ID based application like ration card, passport etc. can use
- UIDAI will give a “Yes” or “No” response for any identification authentication queries
WHAT AADHAAR ISN’T
- Another Card One per family
- Establishes citizenship and is only for indians
- Will collect profiling information such as caste, religion, language
- Only for individuals who possess identification documents
- Individual can obtain multiple AADHAARs AADHAARs will replace all other IDs
- UIDAI information will be accessible to public and private agencies
People can apply for Aadhar card only by visiting the enrollment centre near to their location. UIDAI doesn’t have any system to register for UID number appointment online just like we’ve in our passport application system.
You need to go any authorized Aadhaar enrollment center anywhere in India with your identity and address proof.
Here’s the list of Aadhaar Enrollment Centers: http://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
The logo is a sun in red and yellow, with a fingerprint traced across its centre. It represents a new dawn of equal opportunity for each individual, a dawn which emerges from the unique identity the number guarantees for each individual.
The Aadhaar will become the single source of identity verification. Once residents enrol, they can use the number multiple times – they would be spared the hassle of repeatedly providing supporting identity documents each time they wish to access services such as obtaining a bank account, passport, driving license,andso on.
By providing a clear proof of identity, the Aadhaar will also facilitate entry for poor and underprivileged residents into the formal banking system, and the opportunity to avail services provided by the government and the private sector. The Aadhaar will also give migrants mobility of identity.
It will also provide governments with accurate data on residents, enable direct benefit programs, and allow government departments to coordinate investments and share information.
Aadhaar Card is one of the most important identification proof and also regarded as the proof of Indian citizenship. Aadhaar Card is a must for every citizen. It is the main importance for every citizen to enroll themselves for the Aadhaar Card.
- It is the identity proof.
- It is the address proof.
- Fee for enrolling in Aadhaar Card is Re. 0
- The Twelve digit Unique Identification number can be used for all types of proof.
- The number can be verified easily.
- Aadhaar Card is so unique that it can verify the authenticity of the Indian citizen and will eliminate all other fake identities if any.
- The number provided to the Indian citizen without discriminating sex, caste and religion
Now to Check the status of the Aadhaar card there are few simple guidelines for all to follow according to UIDAI.
- An individual should enter the 14 digit Enrolment ID.
- Date and Time of Enrolment should be mentioned while checking the status.
- The code should be entered.
Now one should submit and then the page will show the Aadhaar Status.
Once the Aadhaar Card is generated it will be received by post. The card takes several months to reach one’s address via post. In case of emergency, it is always advisable to get the print out of E-Aadhaar Card.