- Boot into any Linux Live CD, preferably Ubuntu
- Download 3 files named: SU, Superuer.apk and Busybox from here
- Switch your phone to download mode (generally by pressing volume up key and power key simultaneously)
- Open Nautilus via command “sudo -s nautilus” in terminal.
- Switch to “root” user using “sudo -i”
- In nautilus window, Open the “system/app” directory and copy the Superuser.apk file.
- In nautilus window, Open the “system/bin” directory and copy the SU and BusyBox files.
- Change permissions to the copied files by issuing following commands in terminal:
- chmod 644 /media/system/app/Superuser.apk
- chmod 755 /media/system/bin/busybox
- chmod 6755 /media/system/bin/su
Now turn off the phone by removing battery. Yippee! your android phone is rooted now.
Flashing New Recovery Image:
- adb devices
- adb shell
- cd /sdcard/ (or any location where recovery.img is available)
- flash_image recovery recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img
- reboot recovery
- Recovery Mode: Volume Up Key + Volume Down Key + Power Key
- Download Mode: Volume Up + Power Key
- Recovery Image: CWM Recovery
- Custom ROM: Andro-ID, CyanogenMod, MIUI
Thanks to Asky and Free Radical at erodov.com