I am posting below the contents of the user instructions booklet which I found nowhere on the Godrej Security Solutions Website. I hope this would help anyone who misplaced their booklet like i did.
Attractive design, suitable for use in hotels, apartments, offices and homes, utilizing a proven and reliable digital operating system.
3. Override Re-set Keys
4. Motorized Steel Bolts
5. Battery Compartment
6. Phillips Screw for cover removal
7. Allen Wrench for Override Key access
8. MFG. Serial Number sticker
9. Override Keys
10. USB Port
11. Enabled with Internal Charging Facility.
Testing and replacing the batteries
Test battery level:
Battery level can be tested either with the door open or with the door closed and locked.
- With door open: Press any number and then LOCK key. Display will show “bA- HI” or “bA- LO”. bA-LO means that you need to replace the batteries. This condition applies to both modes (Home mode & Hotel mode).
- With the door locked: Press LOCK key. The display will show “bA- HI” or “bA-LO”. bA-LO means that you need to replace the batteries.
How to replace the batteries
- Open the safe using your personal code or master code or, if the batteries are dead use Emergency Override key.
- Remove the battery cover on the back panel by unscrewing the Phillips screw.
- Remove the used 4 batteries.
- Replace the batteries with 4 AA size alkaline batteries.
- Replace the battery cover.
- Dispose the used batteries an environment friendly way.
- Replace the Phillips screw to secure the battery cover.
- Keeping the door open, test the safe to make sure it works.
Hot keys – viewing/not viewing password while keying in:
If your lock Is set so that your code appears and you need it to not appear one time, you can press (0) then LOCK key before your code. Only dashes will appear for that one time. The next time you press your code it will appear as usual.
Likewise, if your lock is set up so that your code does not appear, you can press 9 then LOCK key before your code and your code will appear for that one time only.
This function applies to both modes (Home mode & Hotel mode).
To access the programming
- Unlock the safe.
- Press CLEAR key twice, the display will show “PROG”.
- Press 751019 while the word “PROG” is still on the display.
- The current setup will appear with the 1st digit flashing.
- All 6 sections must, be entered within 10 seconds. You can change all sections or as few as one section but all 6 sections must be entered if you are making any changes to section 1 -6. To keep a section programmed as it is currently set, simply press the same numbers that is currently displayed for that section.
- The display will show the date setup. Press the correct date then press LOCK key.
- The display will show the setup. Press the correct time then press LOCK key.
- The display will turn off.
- Press your code and LOCK key to activate the changes and lock the safe.
To set up the different features listed below, you must first decide how you want the safe to function.
Section 1 (digit of first display)
Code appearance on display
Press 0: If you DO NOT want your code to appear on the display (only dashes will appear) with beep sound when you press each key button.
Press 1: If you want your code to appear each time you press your code and then will flash your code for verification one time with beep sound when you press each key button.
Press 2: If you want your code to appear each time you press your code, with beep sound when you press each digit, with beep sound when you press each key button.
Section 2 (2nd digit): Preferred number of digits in your code
Press 3: To use a 3-digit code.
Press 4: To use a 4-digit code (Recommended & Default one under hotel & home mode).
Press 5: To use a 5-digit code.
Press 6: To use.a 6-digit code.
Press 7: To choose the length of code (3-6 digits) when you set the code.
Section 3 (3rd digit): Lockout delay
If the wrong code is entered 4 times in a row, the keypad will shut down for a length of time that you set.
This is to deter someone from opening your safe by trying random number. You must pick one of these three options:
Press 0: For no lockout delay
Press 1: For a 15 minute delay. (Recommended & Default one under hotel & home mode)
Press 2: For a 30 minute delay.
Section4 (4th digit): Master Code
The Master code will open the safe if you lose the code and Override Keys. The master code is preset at the factory.
Press 2: To turn OFF the master code feature.
Press 3: to turn ON the master code feature.
Section 5 (5th digit): Audit trial
Press 0: To only keep record of the openings.
Press 1: To only keep record of the openings & closings.
Section 6 (6th digit): Operational mode
This feature allows you to change how the safe operates, either for home mode or hotel mode. Press 0: To set for home mode.
Press 1: To set for hotel mode.
Mounting through the bottom of the safe:
- Check the floor for what type it is. (wood, tile, concrete)
- Get the appropriate anchors for the type of floor you have.
- Check location on the floor for concealed wires or pipes.
- Mark the floor to drill for your anchor.
- Drill the appropriate size hole for the anchors you have.
- Mount the safe, making sure it is secure.
- For mounting to the top of a cabinet you may want to use carriage bolts through the top of the cabinet.
- DO NOT mount to a shelf in a cabinet or closet without anchoring to the wall behind the safe!
Mounting through the back of the safe:
- Check the wall or cabinet for structural soundness.
- For safety, have someone help to hold the safe during mounting.
- Check location for concealed wires or pipes.
- Mark the surface to drill holes for the anchors you will be using.
- Drill the appropriate size holes for the anchors you are using.
- Having someone hold the unit, anchor the safe to the wall.
- Test the strength of the mounted safe so it will not fall off of the wall or cabinet.
- DO NOT place safe on a shelf without proper mounting into a wall.
- The safe may be mounted to a wall or the inside of a cabinet or on the floor.
- When mounting to a wall or cabinet, be sure of the load bearing so as to hold the weight of the safe and the contents.
(Failure to do so could result in the safe falling and damaging property and people.)
- The safe comes set to the factory default code of 1234.
- Press 1234 and the display will show “-OPEN-” then when fully unlocked will show “OPENED”.
- To close the door, press the LOCK. The display will show “CLOSE-” then when fully locked, will show “CLOSED”. If the display shows “ERROR” then refer section on error codes.
To change the Master Code
- Open the safe.
- Press CLEAR key twice, the screen will read “PROG”, then key in the original master code (factory preset is 800000), the LED display will read “NEU”
- Key in the combination of 6 digit code you desire, the LED display will read “AGAIN”, then enter again the new master code and “LOCK” keyto confirm.
- The LED display shows “DONE”, the new master code has been set up successfully.
To change your Personal Code
For Hotel Mode:
- Open the safe.
- Press your new 3-6 digit code followed by the LOCK key the display will show “CLOSE” followed by “CLOSED” when the door is fully locked.
- Test your new settings by opening the safe.
- If you get error code then follow the directions for opening the safe with the Override Keys.
For Home Mode:
- Open the safe. Press CLEAR key twice.
- Press Key 6 & then key 8 followed by LOCK key. The display will show” N EU”.
- Press your new code (3-6 digits, depending on setup)
- Press LOCK key and the safe will lock.
- Test your new code by opening the safe.
- If you get an error code then follow the direction for resetting the safe with the Override Keys.
Closing the safe
- Press your new code (3-6 digits).
- Press LOCK key and the safe will lock.
- Press LOCK key and the display will show “CLOSE” followed by “CLOSED” when the bolts are fully locked.
- If you get any other message on the display, please referto the section on Error Code.
Charging your Laptop
- Enabled with an in-built charging point on the right hand corner, to conveniently charge the laptop.
To run Audit trial
For hotel mode – To know the record of how many times the safe has been opened/ to retrieve last used passwords.
- Unlock the safe.
- Press CLEAR key twice. The display will show “PROG”.
- Press 770626.The display will show the latest record.
- To advance to the next display press LOCK key.
- To go to a specific record number, press the record number during the first display (i.e.001).
- To exit out of audit trail, just wait 2 minutes and the display will go blank.
Opening the Safe using the Override Keys:
- Using the supplied Allen wrench, unscrew one of the screws holding the Godrej name plate on the front of the safe and rotate to exposed the key cylinder.
- Take one of the Override Keys and insert it into the cylinder and turns clockwise to open the Safe, then turn the Key back to locked position and remove it.
- Press the LOCK key within 15 sec, the bolts will be retracted.
- If you need to change the batteries do so now.
- If you need to change / reset your code.
Listed below are error codes you might encounter:
HOLD 15 indicates that the wrong code has been pressed 4 times in a row. You will not be able to open your safe for 15 minutes, (pressing any button during this time will show how many minutes are remaining).
ERROR indicates that the wrong code was pressed. Check your code and try again.
ERROR1 indicates that the bolts failed to retract fully to allow the door to open. Press in ON the door to relieve the pressure and try to open the door again. If you continuously get this error code then you will need to contact your distributor or company for service.
ERROR2 indicates that the bolts have failed to close fully. This is usually because the safe is too full. Redistribute the contents or remove something to allow the door to close completely. If you continually get this message even if the safe is empty then you will need to call your distributor or company.